Every woman deserves a doula.
What is a doula?
As defined by The International Doula Institute:
A doula is a professional support person trained in the needs of the family during pregnancy and childbirth. The doula offers non-judgmental support, guidance, evidence-based education and practical hands-on support during childbirth including comfort measures. Doula originates from the Greek word meaning woman servant. A birth doula recognizes the profound impact of childbirth on the mother.
The doula does not provide medical care, clinical tasks such a cervical checks or fetal heart tones and does not speak on behalf of the client.
Why hire a doula?
Doulas can help reduce the likelihood of an unnecessary cesarean. Research shows the presence of a doula also reduces the likelihood that a vacuum or forceps will be used, and that birthing parents with doula care are less likely to need pain medications. In addition, parents who hire a doula are more likely to be satisfied by their birth experience and more likely to have a slightly shorter labor. The most famous quote about doulas by Dr. John H. Kennell is worth repeating here: If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.
Alternate contact e-mail: email@example.com
Facebook: Dena Marie S. Doula Services
- 2 prenatal visits
- Unlimited phone/text/e-mail support throughout your pregnancy
- Virtual support throughout labor & delivery
- In home check in after birth, will stay up to 2-3 hours to assist as needed
- 3 postpartum visits
- Unlimited phone/text/e-mail support
- Grief support for you (& your partner)
- Keepsake & memorial planning
- Support for other family members
- 2 postpartum visits
Ask about our bereavement box offering*
Due to COVID-19, I am offering virtual services for clients who would like to opt out of face-to-face contact.
- Similar to the Postpartum Package, but all through Zoom, FaceTime, phone/text/ e-mail support.